Pet Portraits


"Sweet Thing"


This is one of my favorite formal pet portraits. This kitten seemed to sense I was looking at something special about her and was attentive to calm, subtle coaxing.













"Honey"


This little puppy is Honey, a sweetheart, who I'm sure knew very well that all she had to do was sit and be pretty. When I first began photographing pets, I thought they were just curious about what I was doing with my camera, but after awhile, I'm convinced that they understand that I'm considering the way they look.


"Noah"



This guy is every bit an English Bulldog, but not so tough. When his owner brought him in he wasn't the least bit nervous; it was as though he might have asked her to bring him in for his portrait. This off-camera glance instills a certain masculine formality befiting his nobility.