A couple of years ago, driving dirt roads near Mansfield, Louisiana for scenes in the Great Debaters I slowed my truck and happened to glance beyond a rusted, barbed wire fence and noticed this peculiar sight. I was immediately struck just seeing this pair of trees, an oak and a pine, having long ago sprouted so close that they had gently wound around each other in an "embrace." It brought to mind love, friendship, tolerance, even marriage and further, a sense of awe at how many years these two, growing so close together, had each adapted, incorporating the other into its path upward. I couldn't waste the opportunity to quickly capture this view. I hope to find my way back to this spot "to the side of a side road" and take the time to reshoot these trees in their wonderfully graceful embrace. Share Prints of this Image.